Wednesday, May 22, 2002

On one Catholic blog site, there's mention of Bishop Curtiss exercising his legitimate authority as bishop in what appears to be a patiently corrective manner . Did I miss something or has obedience become the latest virtue to be transmogrified? I guess that would make rebellion a virtue and Lucifer a hero.

Just a thought - A great deal of Catholic criticism of our bishops seems to have moved beyond fraternal correction into something approaching sanctimonious condemnation. Of course, so does some of our fraternal correction. [Mea culpa]. It helps to remind ourselves that "there but for the grace of God, go I." Every day, I thank God that I am not subject to the 'loving fraternal correction' that our bishops have been enduring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home